10/03/2010

Oh, the places we'll go...

Rarely is one put in the company of such great potential. As the song, All My Life blasted in the SPL Barn on Thursday night, I could not help but just, stare. I stared at the linked arms of my classmates and I and couldn't help but think of how each of them were gonna make it SO WELL one day. I have been blessed to know future dentists, doctors, engineers, and cake decorators... the list goes on. To learn of each person's aspirations for the upcoming years on this trip was a trip (or a mindf?ck in Maddie's words). Some people might go to Oxford, others across the country, some down to the States... and all I can say is that, I'm jealous. I'm jealous because I am 100% sure you guys will and I do not know that for myself. But I know all of you well enough to know that whatever <insert big name university here> any of you apply to, would be a fool not to accept you. The work ethic that we've all developed from literally hundreds of Kuniss assignments has given us the educational advantage over anyone else I can think of. But not only that, the passion and heart we've all revealed to each other throughout the years about whatever we do, has probably the biggest ONE-UP for us in this crazy high-school life.


"All things are ready, if our minds be so." - Act 3, Scene 1 from Henry V

We are all so ready for much greater things. Just forget the juvenile high-school mentality, Mini fam, we're bigger than all of this. This is just the beginning. Wherever our bright futures may lead us, just know that I will never forget each of you and you know, that you can always come back to me for anything. Like Dr. Vera said, one day, I'm going to pick up the phone from one of you and it's going to be like no time has even passed.

So go on, go ahead. Run. At full speed, run. This is your race now. No more Strathcona, Apex, Bamfield, Kuniss, Vera, Lawrence, isolated Mini School hallway; it's all you now. So run. But don't forget to look back once in a while. Because knowing us, we'll probably be on either side trying to out-run you, because that's what families do. We are competitive with each other, we fight, we laugh, we cry - and all it does is push us further and makes us stronger.

Mini Grad XI, 
Here's to us.
We're almost there.

I love you all.
My sincerest good luck.

- Your one and only Camel



You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.


- Oh! The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment