1/09/2011

fuck what you heard

Rumors are amazing. Absolutely amazing. Like Lil Wayne said – rumors are as dumb as the people who believe them.

People are going to talk about you. People especially are going to talk shit about you. I don’t care if you’re Mother Theresa, the Dalai Lama, or Nicki Manaj no one is safe. NO ONE. Most of the time these things are gonna be an exaggeration of the truth. Some of the time the things are gonna be downright ludacris. All of the time, they’re going to be a judge of your character.

The thing is, people thrive on drama. THRIVE ON IT. Like Abi said, “Save the drama for the unhappy.” Why? Because misery loves company and the devil’s always in disguise.

You can tell a lot about a person by the things they say about another person. Usually the things they hate the most about others are exactly what they hate about themselves. When people get angry, jealous, or just don’t understand, they hate. Thats just how life goes. But what does it say about you when the lies you spread are no longer believed? We’re old enough and cultured enough to weed out the truth from the lies. The rage from the passion, and the hate from the love.

I used to be mad when people lied about me. I’d be hurt and try to explain myself to anyone who’d listen. I mean, my character was all I had, my prized possession. As I grew older I learned that the people you want in your life won’t judge you by what’s said about you. I learned that negative people are like cancer for your life, and I learned that your actions speak much louder than other people’s words.

So I learned how to keep my head up. I learned how to keep doing me, and I learned that as long as I know the truth I can continue to be happy. Tall stories are for small egos. I get it. I’ve been there. But fuck what you heard. You think you know, but you have no idea.

‘Chuch.

I’m just gonna leave you with something I stole off of Mariane’s Twitter…
“Thats the best revenge of all: HAPPINESS. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good fucking life.”

(via Raaachem)

No comments:

Post a Comment